An NDT assistant’s main function is to learn all aspects of inspection services from a technician. They perform equipment setup and calibrations and make evaluations.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical education classes
- Familiarity of nondestructive testing method basics
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing equipment
- Assist with nondestructive testing equipment setup.
- Assist in calibrating nondestructive testing equipment.
- Assist in applying testing criteria in accordance with procedures and standards
- Assist in preforming other job-related tasks as assigned by certified inspector/technician.
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (34 kg)
- Ability to perform in both inside and outside environmental conditions